Stay Motivated With These 5 Tips!
Can you believe we're already in the second week of January? Whew, where'd the time go, that went by fast! I know you've been killing it with your workouts and meal plans so lets keep it up! Don't allow distractions or lack of motivation to take you off your path.
It can be quite challenging to stick with your new fitness routine and meal prep schedule when you have busy school and work days. The motivation to add things like grocery shopping, sleeping, exercise on top of an already heavy load may not seem like a priority. No one said it would be easy. I'll show you ways to keep yourself motivated and sticking to your goals!
1. Create a small goal and reward yourself. Create a small SMART goal that is specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and of time. (i.g. I will attend a spin class after work @ 5pm Monday, Wednesday, & Friday for 6 weeks and meal prep every Wednesday @8pm) After reaching your goal take yourself out for a delicious piece of cake or steak and potatoes if that's your thing. You can even treat yourself to new clothes to fit into. Then create another SMART goal and repeat.
2. Find an equally exited workout partner. This is a great way to keep you and your pal accountable. Find a workout partner who is mentally and physically ready to give it all they've got just as much as you or even more! Plan workout dates and promise each other to always show up and push each other when needed.
3. Sleep at least 8 hours a night. Just like you plan your workouts and meals, plan your sleep! Sleep is an important factor in health & fitness that easily gets overlooked by exercise and nutrition. Contrary to one may think your body is actually growing and developing while you sleep. Read more https://www.health.harvard.edu/press_releases/importance_of_sleep_and_health Practice planning your sleep every night. If you need to be awake at 8am go to bed around midnight to wake up feeling energized to take on the day!
4. Buy cute workout clothes. Look good to feel good. I guarentee when your outfit is well put together you will do an extra squat or two because you'll feel like you can! Looking good makes anyone feel powerful and when you feel powerful your actions follow up. There are tons of fitness brands like Lulu Lemon, Alo yoga, Lorna Jane that are designed to make your bum, chest, & tummy look absolutely amazing. You can also check out my blog post https://www.andreamotley.com/blog/look-like-a-gym-goddess-on-a-25-budget to get really cute gym clothes on a budget.
5. Always remember why you started in the first place. Write it down or take a picture of it, and place it somewhere you will always see it. (e.g. bathroom mirror, kitchen counter, front door) Constantly visualize exactly where you want to be. The visual stimulation will lead you to do the actions that will lead you to your desired destination, even if it's just a little bit every day!
You're doing well so far. Keep up your momentum throughout the rest of the year and you will see the results you've been wanting. I believe in you! Feel free to comment below.